Next stage after surgery

• 1 reply
  • 12 subscribers

Hi Anniee here,

I had Anterior Vulvectomy on 4th April so in week 3 of recovery but have been hit with devistating news that all was not removed. The squamas cells have gone 4mm into the "wall".  My surgeon said I would require 5 wks if radium treatment every day, but since speaking with the Marsden London, they have said they prefer scan to check lymph glands and possibly remove any infected glands.  I was told this just two days ago  but to date have received no contact from the Marsden. 

I know I am expecting the wheels to turn quickly, but has anyone else had this form of treatment and do you know any time scales.

Thank you.

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I'm not a member of this forum, so can't help with your questions, but noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet. Responding to you will 'bump' it back to the top of the discussion list again.

I'm sure forum members will be along soon to share their experiences with you.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"