Searching for resources

• 1 reply
  • 13 subscribers

Hey y'all, my mom received the results of her pet scan today and has been diagnosed with stage 3 vulvar cancer. 

Hoping everyone could point me to the best articles, you tube videos, books, tik tok pages, anything to help me learn as much as possible about the battle she is about to face.

Nothing is off limits. I want to know anything and everything. The science, personal stories, treatments, pain management, etc. Even life hacks! For example, I found a women on tik tok that cuts the cotton out of her target underwhere to gain some relief. 

Thanks in advance!

• Hi  and welcome to the Macmillan Community.

I’m sorry  to read of your mum’s diagnosis, but it’s lovely to see that you want to help in any way you can in understanding her illness.

Macmillan is a UK based charity and the forum provides an opportunity to get peer to peer support and advice from others. As such, links to external and social media or anything which can identify a person are not permitted-the site needs to be a safe place where everyone can remain anonymous.

I have provided a link to some information produced by Macmillan on vulval cancer, but it’s important to note that treatment and processes are pertinent to the UK only and may not apply elsewhere.

Understanding Vulval Cancer

Hopefully some of the ladies in the group will come along and share their own experiences, which you might find helpful.

Sarah xx

Community Champion Badge

Cervical Cancer Forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm