Vulva pain

• 1 reply
  • 11 subscribers

Hi,

I had Vulva cancer 11 years ago now, but for the last 5 weeks have started to have pain and horrible achey discomfort in the area where my lump was removed.

Had a lot of radiation down there as had spread to lymph nodes, but been clear all this time, GP & nurses pretty useless, they can’t see anything untoward & have just referred me back to Gynaecologist to have a look, I have tried all sorts of creams, but nothing is really easing discomfort, anyone get this so long after treatment, what was it & any tips to ease the pain?
Thank you. X

• Hi ,

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing pain and that you GP and nurses haven't been very helpful.

I am still at the beginning of my journey,  I was only diagnosed last year, so I am not much help. Hopefully someone that is able to help will come along soon. In the meantime I think a referral was wise, even if just to put your mind at rest. It is always worth having anything unusual checked out. 

Don't be afraid to be persistent if you are not happy with how you are being treated, you need to feel reassured that all is ok.

I wish you the best of luck. 

Take care,

Vulval cancer warrior xx

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm