Secondary vaginal cancer

• 19 replies
  • 7 subscribers
  1. Hello, my first time posting. 
  2. I had a hysterectomy in August 2021 for womb cancer Grade 1 stage 2.
  3. Followed by 35 external and 3 internal radiotherapy 
  4. I have been using a dilator weekly with no issues, until last week when I had some pinkish blood.
  5. I spoke to my cns and she has referred me to consultant in case I need a biopsy!
  6. Also said it could be from the thinning of skin due to radiotherapy. 
  7. I'm feeling extremely anxious.  I have no other symptoms. 
  8. Has anyone had a similar experience?
  • Hi. Just back from my appointment and all is OK! He said its from the radiotherapy.  I'm so relieved! Thank you for your support. X

• That's fantastic news. What a relief for you. I had my biopsy under a general today, went OK, bit sore but to be expected. The nurse kindly showed me the consultants hand written note in my file in which she had written 'no suspicious lesions'. Obviously they will do the biopsy results as well (under the 2 week wait) but I'm more hopeful now that there were no lesions xxx

• Well, that certainly sounds very positive! I have been thinking about you, and now I hope we can both sleep well tonight. Best wishes going forward, never lose hope. X

• Well, this is great news  -what a relief for you and an end to your worries. Radiotherapy can have a lot to answer for, but I’m very pleased this is all that has caused your issues.

Sarah xx

Community Champion Badge

Cervical Cancer Forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• That sounds like good news for you  and hopefully you’ll feel fine in a day or two. Although you’ll still have to wait for your biopsy results, the fact there were no suspicious lesions identified sounds very positive news.

I hope you’ll come back when you get your results just to confirm that everything is good as it’s always really encouraging for others to read these stories.

Sarah xx

Community Champion Badge

Cervical Cancer Forum

• Thanks Sarah, I will absolutely come back and update when I know more xxx

• Just popping back on to update as I have received my biopsy results today and they are all clear. So very relieved that it hasn't returned. They have put the bleeding i was having down to late effects. Thank you for your support over the last month x

• Wow! That is surely the best news....such a relief. I'm so happy for you. My symptom was due to radiotherapy changes. I'm sure you can relax now and try and put the anxiety behind you. Its taken me a couple of weeks to get over the trauma !

• Hi  

Thanks so much for coming back with an update-such good news too! I’m really pleased for you, and it’s great for others to read such encouraging results. You can relax now.

Sarah xx

Community Champion Badge

Cervical Cancer Forum