Testing for vaginal cancer

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 6 replies
  • 5 subscribers

Hello- I'm new to alm these online chat rooms- but one of my friends told me to join as it may help me deal with all the feelings I've got- last week I found two lumps down below inside and went to see my gp she did an exam and found 4 lumps (very small ones ) alltogther ive had missed periods- and serious bloating ive lost alot of weight over the past 2 months - in a matter of days I've now got a hospital appointment this Friday to get tests done as my gp said  I have symptoms that may indicate cancer and did a rapid referral I'm o21 years old too so its pretty young compared to ever one else.. 

I suppose I'm just looking for advice and support from people who have had this happen to them- I have no doubt its cancer to be honest because I've felt so Ill for 2 months but I had no idea about the lumps until my parter said it felt different down below (sorry for the tmi) 

Any advice will be appreciated

• Morning 

Sorry to see you needing to find the Mac Community at such a young age, but pleased you have set the wheels in motion to find out exactly what is causing your symptoms.

Couldn't read and run; this group isn't very active as vagina cancer is fairly uncommon. There are a lot of organs in the lower pelvic area where problems can arise - more commonly Vulva, Uterus, Womb, Ovarian :-/ 

If your fears are confirmed and you get to find the exact area of your primary there are groups for those cancer types as well. You may well find you would benefit from joining one of those more active groups then too, as a lot of the treatments are similar. Don't worrry about anything TMI you should see some of the messages in the Anal group (commonly called the Bumlanders)

If you check out the Information and Support tab at the top of the window you can use the search bar to find almost anything for further information while you go through the emotional waiting results period. Try to avoid info overload though.

Fingers crossed this isn't cancer but another benign issue that is more easily rectified. May still require some form of minor surgery but without the following radiotherapy and/or chemotherapy treatments and their fertility issues.

You will probably find this a tough time emotionally until you get some answers, most find it helpful to try and find things to kill time and take their mind off it all - Perhaps you have a hobby you can immerse yourself into meanwhile, or chuck yourself into completing something you have had on the back burner for a while  ?

Good Luck for Friday and keep posting if it is helping you to type out the angst.

Let us all know how you got on, G n' J

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Dreamthief

Hello 

Thank you for the response- I have no idea what kind of cancer it may be the letter I got from the hospital says I basically have a symptom that represents a gynaecological cancer so it could be anything- and all the symptoms I have are pretty much the same for all the cancers. 

I'll take your advice and wait for the results and join  another group once I know- but if its good news and it all comes back negative I'll let you know too! 

It's just hard finding someone to talk to, all my friends are young and care free! And so they should be! 

Stay safe ! :) x

• Morning

How did you get on at the hospital yesterday, just tests or were you given any further information ?

G n' J

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Dreamthief

Hello! 

It was good news, it was just a piece of my Hyman- almost like a skin tag type of growth- they have taken it off to test it just to be extra sure but everything else looked fine and healthy- I've just got to keep an eye on things down there and if anything else changes to go back to my gp! 

• Hello LauD I’ve just read your post.

im sure you are worried sick but try and remain in the day. Worrying about tomorrow is only going to stress you out more Heart️You are so young to be going through this. Have you a good support network? 
    I was diagnosed with vaginal cancer on 21/12/12 a lovely Christmas present lol.  I’ve had my treatments and thank God I’m here to tell the tale.   I too had a biopsy taken and it was five days later when I was asked to attend the hospital and to bring someone with me.  I know this is going to sound strange but when they told me it was cancer I was relieved.  I thought I’m not going crazy there is something wrong with me. I just wanted the treatment to start, I wanted it there and then!   I had Stage 2B Vaginal cancer and my treatment started in January 2013.
    I pray you get kind results.
    Maybe it’s not cancer!  
    I’ll be praying for you. 
    Be kind to yourself, don’t keep your thoughts and worries to yourself.  Share them with a loved one Heart
    Here for you any time you need to vent off.

Best wishes please let me know how you are Heart️  Oh by the way I was 55 when I was diagnosed now a ripe old 63 lol Stuck out tongue closed eyes 

Carol x

• Great News   Tada

That must be a weight off your mind....

Fingers crossed the histology comes back with nothing of concern and it is just a 'tag' Thumbsup tone2

Little weekend celebration it is then Champagne   G n' J