Stage 2 vaginal cancer vain 3

• 38 replies
  • 10 subscribers

Hi everyone! I have joined this forum for my sister! She was diagnosed with vaginal cancer last July 2020. She underwent chemotherapy which she was unfortunately allergic to but managed to take so much of it. She then went on to have 37 rounds of radiotherapy. Cancer settled for about 7 months after her treatment, but as now re-surfaced. She is due to see aboard of surgeons on Friday for radical surgery! We are so scared has a family and she doesn't know what path to choose! Operation or the remainder of her life on chemo! Is anyone out there who has gone through the Operation. She has been told by oncologist that a stomer bag would be needed! She has squamous cell stage 2 vain 3 cancer! I am her younger sister and I know she wont join a forum. Please need some advice or anyone who has had this surgery and what it entails.

Thank u 

• Hi shadow girl and blackswan

I think you are both amazing and so brave. Thank u from the bottom of my heart for being so brave and sharing your journeys! My sister is there tomorrow! I haven't slept thinking about it! My sister wants whatever op they can do! We don't know how long she would have on chemo if she doesn't have the op! It's a very high cancer! I have told her about this lovely forum I have joined. But haven't told her everything yet till she sees her surgeons tomorrow! But thank u both so much. Your amazing ladies and i am so proud of u both. You are truly inspirational. X x x 

• Liza,

Special thoughts go with you!  Pray.  Reach out any time!

• Thank u so much. Much appreciated! I'm so frightened for tomorrow! But fingers crossed! xx thank u again your both amazing! Xx 

• Hi Blackswan and Shadow Girl 

Just letting you know my sister went to see her surgeons today!  She wont be able to have anymore chemo it won't work! They want to remove bladder, bowel and all the vagina. They don't know if they would be able to rebuild/construct! It depends on the surgeons who do the op and what they find! She basically has no option if she wants to have a chance of extra life bless her! She has said today she will do it because life as it is is no life! She can't go out anywhere because of her pain and bleeds etc! God it's so scary! X 

• Hi Liza,

I am sorry it wasn't the outcome she would have preferred.  My initial thought was how very brave she is by facing this head in making her decision.  You all should be so proud of her.  She isn't letting her outcome be determined by her condition but taking it head on.  Did they give her an anticipated surgical schedule?  Please keep us posted.  She and your family will be in my prayers.  I know you all are very concerned for her.  My best suggestion is to stay positive and don't show your anxiety or fears in front of her.  

X

• Hi Lisa, 

I'm so sorry to hear your sisters news. She will get through this, especially as she has such an amazing sister by her side. I don't think anyone on these forums have any choice otherthan to have faith in their surgeons who can do the most amazing things when it comes to surgery.  They will always give you the worst case scenarios so that you can be mentally prepared for what's about to happen. 

Remain strong for her but its also OK to cry together too, as I found when I wanted to talk, rage or cry, it was better when my friends did so with me. People that kept telling me how brave I was just got my back up as you have to get on with it as there is no other choice. But everybody's different and you know your sister. 

I will be thinking of you both. Please message whenever you want to as you need support too. 

Huge hugs 

Xx

Ps - you made me cry with your lovely words x

•  
    • I meant every word bless u! Don't get me wrong my sister has said some words to me thats not nice when she feels ill! It takes a chip off me everytime. But she apologises and I'm not bothered if we can get her through this!  When I think my mum is 81 and she's just had her 50th! Thank u Black Swan and Shadow lady!  X x x 
  • Hi Shadow Girl 

Thank u for your lovely comments! My sister has got to have an internal exam under local! Surgeon has said there is a 6 week waiting list! She has bought her consent form home! We are going to try to make it easier at home for my sister and partner by putting bedroom down stairs in her dining room! If she agrees! Don't want to takeover because she is a stubborn lass! But comes round to me a few days later! X 

• Hi Lisa,

Oh wow same age as me then, my 50th is today and I'm celebrating in style with a mega party tomorrow!! 

X

• Ah happy birthday u so deserve a great big knees up! Congratulations and make sure u make it count! Your a super trooper don't forget it x x