Wait for CUP refferal

• 1 reply
  • 7 subscribers

I’m looking for advice on how the CUP team would proceed with diagnosis/ treatment. 

A close relative has been referred to CUP with metastatic pelvic mass after waiting 6 weeks for sigmoidoscopy they were then told 3 days before appointment they didn’t need because they had one a year ago that was clear. 

the CT scan that revealed the mass is now over 8 weeks ago and health condition has declined in this time with no prognosis or treatment plan discussed. 

Is it likely the new referral to the CUP team will mean more scans to check the progression of the pelvic tumor before anything is done? 

Thank you for any help.

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I'm sorry to read that your relative has been diagnosed with CUP and I know what a difficult time this will be for you all.

I'm not a member of this forum but noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet. Responding to you will 'bump' it back to the top of the discussion list again.

I don't know if you've already seen this, but Macmillan has this information on how CUP is diagnosed which you may find useful.

While you're waiting for replies, it would be great if you could put something about your  relative's diagnosis and tests to date into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"