Diagnosis

• 3 replies
  • 8 subscribers

Hello - wow this is never a place I thought I'd be. I've been very unwell for two months thinking it was coil related turns out this had just got an infection. Never did I imagine I'd walk out of A&E with a cancer diagnosis that's spread with unknown start point. That's as far as I've got, I'm 42 and mum to three gorgeous boys - I've had all scans but no biopsy yet - I don't know if following this I may get a start point. To say I'm lost in a world I don't know would be an understatement. 

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I'm sorry to read that you've recently been diagnosed with secondary cancer after thinking you just had an infection. 

I haven't been in the same position as you as both my cancer diagnoses were primaries but I totally understand the shock you're probably feeling right now.

I'm sure the other members of this group will be happy to answer any questions you might have and to share their experiences with you. You might also want to consider joining the relevant group for the secondary that you have. If this is something that you'd like to do you could either let me know where the cancer is and I can give you a direct link to the group, or you could look through this list.

It would be great if you could pop something about your diagnosis and tests so far into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Thank you for your support; I didn't even know there was a profile, I'll have a look Blush

• Hi there it is terrible to say the least so many unanswered questions hopefully when they do your biopsy they will find a primary site and get you some treatment  sending big hugs to you and your boys x