Help!

• 3 replies
  • 8 subscribers

My husband has been diagnosed with CUP. I'm brand new to the site so hope someone can help. He went into hospital with an infection and came out with stage 4 cancer CUP. Having a liver biopsy within the next 2 weeks. He's not eating or talking to me. He's sleepy with all the treatment. Is anyone else going through this? I feel so alone and useless.

• Hi and welcome to the online community

I'm sorry to read that your husband is currently undergoing tests to try and find out where his primary cancer is and I know what a difficult time this will be for you both.

I'm guessing this is all pretty new to you both so your husband's lack of communication may just be because he's still trying to come to terms with this unexpected diagnosis. You might find having a look through this information from Macmillan on cancer and your emotions might help give you an insight into how your husband is feeling right now. We all react differently and my way of coping was to talk about it, but your husband may be more of the strong, silent type.

I can see that you've joined and posted in the family and friends group but you might also like to join the carers group which is a safe and supportive place where you can discuss your worries and emotions with others caring for a loved one with cancer. If this is something that you'd like to do clicking on the link I've created will take you straight there where you can join and post in the same way as you did here.

When you feel up to it, it would be great if you could pop something about your husband's journey so far into your profile as it really helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar diagnosis. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

Now that you've joined this community you no longer need to feel alone.

Hugging

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi I am in the same situation slightly further ahead by a couple of weeks as we’ve had the biopsy and due to start chemo this week. The range of emotions has been scary and friend support has been invaluable . I managed to get my husband to phone Macmillan yesterday and he felt a lot better after speaking to them.  The rate at which he has gone downhill is frightening but talking to others really does help - you aren’t alone with this but you do have to find the help x 

• Hi. Thank you so much for your reply.  My husband had his biopsy yesterday and we should get the results within a week. You're so right about how scary it is. He doesn't talk much and is quite withdrawn.  I will try my best to get him to speak to Macmillan.  Maybe when he gets the results he may ring. Its sobering that so many others are going through the same.  I really hope the chemo works for your husband.  Thinking of you and really appreciate discussing this with you.  Take care x