CUP Diagnosis

• 3 replies
  • 7 subscribers

Hello all

My dad (75) has just been diagnosed with CUP after months of tests. Scans have shown spread to thoracic T7  shoulder, thigh, pelvis so quite a wide range but absolutely no evidence of a primary despite repeated tests and scans.

We are all extremely anxious and our minds are going to that deepest darkest place but we are pinning a lot of hope on a consultation next week with the top CUP doctor at Freeman Hospital. We are assuming dad will need chemo and are dreading the side effects that dad will have to deal with.

Today has been a low day for us all and we just feel so desperate.  Thanks for reading and any reassurance you can give Pray 

• Hi 

I can’t give you any information as I’ve only just found out that I’ve got CUP too  I also have sites in various sites. I just wanted to say ‘hello’ and good luck with the treatment. It’s a horrible diagnosis not least because you can’t relate it to many peoples experiences. I have just started my chemo treatment and yes, it’s brutal, but the side effects have been temporary for me (so far) .

apologies for being no help what so ever!

RHS

• I think all responses are helpful, (so no apologies needed) if only to express how you feel and let others know you are listening- every person with this seems so different - so no right or wrong answers really - I do get hope from the positive stories of others though - good luck x

• Thank you RHS. 

Wishing you all the very best for your treatment..