Sleeping

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 6 subscribers

Hello all, My mum has CUP, was diagnosed in Oct, she has been quite poorly since diagnosis, she is now sleeping upto 20 hours a day, what I'm wondering is, how long appropriately can patients live once the cancer fatigue sleeping starts to increase, my mum has asked not to know what happens next, but I know one of the main symptoms that the end is nearing is sleeping alot

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated 

Thankyou

• Hello , I’m sorry to hear about your Mum, I can’t answer your question but thought you might want to talk to the professionals on the Macmillan support line it must be hard for you at this time, I thought the support line could offer some in site or a place to talk things through. The support line is open 8am to 8pm 7 days a week on 0808 808 0000. You say you know that when the end is nearing they sleep a lot, you may have read the information and support sections, if not that section maybe of some help, I’ve put the link below.

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/information-and-support/coping/at-the-end-of-life

My mother passed from age and COPD and was in a nursing home for several months towards the end of her life, my own mum rallied for several months after a period when the nursing home thought she was nearing the end, although the next time was sadly accurate,  so I’m not sure the question is easy for anyone to answer. 

I noticed that you have joined several groups but I didn’t notice if you had joined the supporting someone with incurable cancer, and it sounds to me that you are concerned this is the stage you Mum is at now. The members there may be able to give you some support aswell. 

Best wishes

Take care KT