Finding the unknown primary

• 5 replies
  • 7 subscribers

Good morning from Scotland , I was diagnosed with cancer in the supraclavicular last year & had radiotherapy for that “secondary” but the primary cannot be found , I have had PET scans etc but nothing can be found 

is there anybody on the group who has had a CUP diagnoses and the primary cancer was never found ? Is it possible that there is none to be found ? Could the body disperse it by itself ?  
thank you 

• Good morning,

I too have CUP. Secondary found in right side stomach but like you no primary has been found. I too have had a second PET scan since they removed the secondry cancer which was only small.  I was told that sometimes the body's immune system can destroy primary but didn't destroy secondary sites.

I'm awaiting another appt to discuss things. Let me know how you get on

I'm still trying to get my head round it all.

• Hi thank you for the reply, glad they managed to get the secondary out for you , unfortunately they cannot operate where my secondary was found just below the shoulder between shoulder and the breast bone , it’s such a worry isn’t it not knowing if it is there or not but yes iam hoping that our bodies or immune system have dispersed it , let me know how you get on , I have  a t scan this Friday to see if the radiotherapy has shrank it 

x

• Hi I have accepted your friend request 

• I have also been diagnosed with cup with secondary stomach lining cancer. I've been relatively well until last night. I had very little sleep due to agonising stomach and back pain. District Nurse administered morphine injection to little effect. After a 2nd dose I started to feel a bit of relief but very tired. Just wondering if it might be constipation causing the pain. Any advice welcome 

• Hi

I too had secondry cancer in omentum in stomach . They have removed it but said it will be back

I get lot of pain in back and right side stomach but I've had this pain for 6 years in stomach and have had spinal surgery so I was just putting it all down to that but now I think maybe its been the cancer doing it as its just getting worse.  If I'm constipated I do find the pain does get worse. X