New to the group

• 19 replies
  • 25 subscribers

hello I am new just been diagnosed this week it is triple negative grade 3 but they suspect it had already moved to my lungs as they found no lesions on both lungs . Devastated not sleeping been Googling which I don’t think helps. 

• No don’t worry Letty. I started my treatment early February. I had 3 cycles of EC chemo three weeks apart and am now on a weekly regime of Paclitaxel/carboplatin. After my treatment today I will be half way through. I opted to have chemo before surgery on the advice of the breast surgeon.

What i meant by the plans for the next stage was following results of genetics and MRI scan which I expect in more detail this week. I do have a treatment plan for the rest of my time but I know it can be subject to tweaks as things progress. I have learned that you just have to go with the flow and know that the journey will have a few bumps.

I’m in Leeds - where are you??

jAN X

• Hi my mum is 83 and will be devastated we have a very special relationship. When I do tell her I am thinking of staying with her only because I am still he little girl that she will want to take care off. I am 60 in July and my twins are 25 but still my babies. My partner of 16 years is the same he is not a demonstrative person but he is acting rather strange, not sure he is coping as well. 

when did you tell your mum I am worried it may make her I’ll. I should have been in Florida at the end of May for my 60th I was going to swim with the dolphins . I may have to pretend I am there if I have still not told her 

thank you for the hug much needed at the moment 

• She lives with my sister and my sister was going away and I had my mum at my house for 2weeks , I sat her down and told her it was terrible we both cried but I asked her to be strong for me which she is bless her. She went shopping and bought me some turbans incase I lose my hair when I start chemo , I had to tell her as I couldn’t be myself as my mind was all over the place and she would of known I was t right . I have to say I felt much better afterwards , I have told most of my friends and neighbours and I have had so much support it’s been so uplifting. I was 58 2 weeks ago so make sure you enjoy your 60 th make it as special as you are and have fun . My friends came round and brought lunch as I had only just had my lumpectomy it was lovely . Then I had the kids round for a takeaway it was nice to feel normal again .Take care x

• Hi Jan

i am in Manchester so both Northern .

Ah I understand now I was worried that it may not start my treatment for another 3 months. I may haveMestadtic breast cancer if it has gone into my lungs so I am worried .

I am at the Nightingale at Wythenshawe and they have been amazing

How did your day go are you feeling okay 

Lettie xx

• Hi fleurlilly

How are you getting on ? Sending you a big hug x

• Hi Bonnie Boo

lots happening it’s been a bit of a rollercoaster for the past few weeks. Have my treatment plan which will start 9th June .

hiw are you keeping ?

Letty 

• Hi Letty

Thats good news , I see the oncologist 7 th June hoping to get started soon after. I am also having genetic testing 15 th June . I need more surgery as the margins were clear from the original lump but found a new early cancer on the edge !! Take care xxx

• Hi Bonnie Boo

Sorry to hear that they found a new cancer while doing the op and that you need another operation.

Best of luck with your oncologists appointment, the genetic testing and the further operation.

Best wishes

Daisy53

Community Champion Badge

• Thanks Daisy I will let you know what they say you take care too xx