Triple negative apocrine breast cancer

• 9 replies
  • 23 subscribers

Hi there

Is there anyone else that's been diagnosed with an apocrine cancer? Apparently it's really rare and they are usually triple negative, especially in older women. It's very difficult to find out any information about it.

Best wishes 

• Hi AppleBlossom

Welcome to forum and I am sorry to hear that you have been diagnosed with a rare form of triple negative breast cancer. While I don't have any information about it I noticed you haven't had any answers yet so I thought I'd reply to you to welcome you to the community.  Hopefully someone will be along shortly with an answer for you.

I noticed that you are also a member of the breast cancer forum so if you want you can also put your question into that forum and it's a busier forum than this one.

Wishing you the best of luck with whatever come next for you.

Best wishes

Daisy53

Community Champion Badge

• Thank you Daisy, I'll try posting in that forum too.

Best wishes 

Val

• Thank you Beth

That is helpful. It seems apocrine cancers might have better outcomes, which is very encouraging. The trouble is, as all the various doctors keep telling me, apocrine breast cancer is so rare there's no reliable data on it. So it gets treated as a triple negative cancer. I suspect no one really knows what is the best way to treat it. 

Best wishes 

Val

• I have triple negative apocrine breast cancer. I have researched it a lot and the older reports like 2018 and older mostly say it’s more aggressive and the newer reports say it’s less aggressive but because there is such limited data they’re not totally sure. They do seem to agree that chemo doesn’t have any effect on it, it’s also more common in older women and it has a low Grade. I was 49 and it’s high grade 3 so I don’t fit the norm.  I opted for a mastectomy and I’m glad I did because they found a second mass that was also triple negative apocrine DCIS high grade 3 as well. It didn’t show up on mri, US or mammogram. Can I ask how old you are and the specifics of the tumor? You’re the first person I’ve found that has it too and I’ve been searching since December. 

• Hello, I have triple negative apocrine breast cancer. I found the lump in May and have had lump removed and axillary node removal as it was found in my sentinel nodes. I had the last op on Tuesday so not sure what is next. I was told by the oncologist, that apocrine can be a good thing. 

• I am 56 and the tumour is high grade 2. DCIS. 

• I have triple negative apocrine breast cancer too. 

• I have the same type of cancer.