Sacituzumab govitecan (Todelvy) - advice/experiences

• 1 reply
  • 19 subscribers

Hi there, 

My Mum has secondary triple negative breast cancer. It's quite advanced, with mets to her lungs, lymph nodes, neck, bones, brain etc. She's been having chemo and immunotherapy for the last few months (I'm sorry, I don't know the names) and has been told today that the treatment isn't working and the cancer has advanced further. 

The hospital have applied for funding for Sacituzumab Govitecan (Trodelvy), I believe this has recently come out of trials. 

The side effects look quite brutal.

Does anybody have any experience of this type of Chemo? If so, I'd really appreciate you sharing your experiences. 

Thanks 

• Hi Rainbows84

Welcome to the forum and I am sorry to hear about your Mum. While I don’t have any experience of the chemo you are talking about I noticed you haven’t had any answers yet so I thought I’d reply to welcome you to the community. I suggest that you join the Secondary Breast cancer forum to ask your question about Trodelvy.  You could also put your question to one of our nurses in the Ask a nurse section of the website, though be prepared to wait a couple of days for an answer. Here’s the link to the Secondary Breast Cancer forum Secondary breast cancer forum  and the link to our Ask a nurse Ask a Nurse .

Hope this helps.

Best wishes to you and your mother

Daisy53

Community Champion Badge