First 6 month check up coming up after full thyrodectomy and RAI

• 2 replies
  • 26 subscribers

Hi Everyone ,

My first time posting, this has been a long 3 years process to get to this stage, with what can only be described as an absolute nightmare  from my GP sending wrong referrals to numerous blood tests getting lost and needing to get 6 loads of thyrogen injections due to errors on the hospitals side. regardless I am hopefully through the worst of it now. 

The issue i am facing now is more psychological, through all of the  above I took it all in my stride and actually laughed about it a few times. I now feel it is taking over my mind and affecting my everyday life. I am trying to keep active and the usual stuff to help my mental health but soon as I finish a run a feel my neck a few times then I’m straight back thinking about it. I am really just posting as a problem shared is a problem halved and all that. 

keep fighting everyone. 

• Hi Stuggs

i know exactly how you are feeling. I am 2 years exactly since my TT and neck dissection. You can see my info in my bio. My world was rocked but I have recovered well. It really is more the psychological side that I find hard and I worry more. I hade swelling in my neck where lymph nodes were removed and worried myself sick. Got it checked out and all is well. Doesn’t stop you worrying though at the least little thing. Mind goes walkabouts! I am glad to hear that 

• Glad to hear that surgery is done for you and yes it is difficult at times to imagine other things but you seem to have come through it! I do a lot of yoga and try meditation. Walking and fresh aire clears my head too. This forum is good to vent your fears and worries. Sometimes helps to know that you are not alone. Take care x