Neck pain

• 14 replies
  • 26 subscribers

Hi I’m booked for a second biopsy on Monday as the first was inconclusive. I have several nodules on my thyroid and been told I’m graded a U3. I have a burning sensation and pain in my throat but my neck is always painful (I thought it was due to a previous injury). Has anyone had experience if this? Im really stressed out as the first biopsy was February but I’m still awaiting a diagnosis. Any thoughts or advice would be really appreciated 

• Hi Barbara

Got my results today of the second biopsy and you were right it was still inconclusive. The advice is to remove the left lobe of my thyroid as it’s the only way they can tell what whether it’s cancerous. 
    I’ve decided to go ahead as I don’t want the uncertainty.

Thanks for your support

Leanne

• What can I say? I don't like being right about stuff like this. 
    I think you're doing the right thing. They can test you from now to eternity and still not get a conclusive result but surgery will give you the answers.

Best wishes

Barbara

“Scars are tattoos with better stories.” – Anonymous

• That was my thoughts and I would prefer an answer. 
    Take care

Leanne

• Dear Sunshine Girl, I had experienced same burning sensation after the biopsy recently performed. It went in about two weeks. Took some paracetamol. The side of my neck was swollen and bruised. No pain now. Good luck with ur second biopsy and hope you get the results you are hoping for.