Papillary cancer and lung mets

• 2 replies
  • 27 subscribers

Hi all, not been on for a long while, so here's my update, I saw my nuclear Dr today and he said my cancer is not really responding to usual amount of radioiodine, and mentioned another treatment of radioiodine at a very high dose but comes with risks of not working and dying as a result. But hey I haven't got much other options other than small doses but not really doing much and eventually snuffing it or go and be a pioneer and give it a go. So folks I am gonna try, I have my faith with my Dr and trust him when he says he will be cautious, I will have withdraw my thyroxine for 7 wks, at the same time low iodine diet for 7wks before I get large dose of radioiodine, he has to liase with nuclear scientists to work out calculations and then he will double check their calculus by having them checked by another hospital, I will try and keep you in the loop love Tomo xx

• Hi Tomo, I'm so sad to read your post and hear your cancer's not responding. What a tough choice they've given you. But like you said, all we can do is put our faith in the medical teams. I wish you the very best and will be thinking of you x

• Hi Tomo,

sorry to read that your cancer is not responding to RAI. I find myself in a similar situation.

You are absolutely right in what you say, we have to put our faith in our medical team.
    I wish you the best of luck with the plan for high dose RAI. x