Newbie to all this

• 3 replies
  • 26 subscribers

Hi all thanks for the add

Has anyone got a thyroid lymphoma diagnosis? I’m having a core biopsy tomorrow and the surgeon mention that and another un named cancer..

there are appear to be two that doesn’t necessarily mean surgery first..

I am 5 years out from bilateral breast ca with the tp53 mutation..

• Hi  and welcome to the community, I don't normally post in this group but I just happened to notice your post.

I am Mike and help out around our various Lymphoma groups.

Lymphoma that is presenting in the Thyroid or Thyroid area is a rather different cancer from Thyroid Cancer.

Lymphoma is Blood Cancer....... where Thyroid Cancer is a solid Tumour Cancer....... and these are treated rather differently........ and as Lymphoma is a Blood Cancer it basically turn up anywhere in the body and can present in multiple areas at the same time........ but on the whole this is very treatable.

As there are over 60 types and sub-types of Lymphoma it will depend on what exact type of Lymphoma you have as to what treatment may be used....... there is no one size fits all.

You may want to join and put up a post in our general Non-Hodgkin lymphoma support group where you will be able to connect with others like myself who have NHL and are going through or have been through treatment.

I will keep an eye open for you in the group.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Yikes..thanks for the advice ..I guess I have some serious reading to do..I made an assumption with the whole goitre thing 

• Yes Lymphoma is a rather different type of cancer from sold tumour cancers. 

Lymphoma is actually the 5th most common type of cancer in the UK (after breast, lung, colon and prostate cancers) but is very treatable. 

Do come over to the Non-Hodgkin lymphoma support group and put up a post.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge