Papillary carcinoma

• 4 replies
  • 22 subscribers

Hi I was diagnosed a few weeks ago with papillary carcinoma. I'm waiting to hear from thyroid team. I just wondered how quick you get the operation after seeing surgeon.

• Hey Miss Mole, I had my appointment with my surgeon on 10th August and surgery booked in that day for 8th September but I asked for a week later so had it on the 15th of September so about 3-4 weeks for me. I have Follicular Variant of Papillary Carcinoma. 

• Did you have any problems with the operation. Did you have any lymph nodes out. 

• No surgery went really well, healed lovely, had no drains, went home the day after. Had 3 weeks off work due to my job.

Only issues I have now is tiredness, insomnia, palpitations and I keep getting an infection if some sort lately.

No lymph nodes removed.

• Hi Miss mole sorry to hear you got this diagnosis. I had thyroid cancer diagnosis on 5th May 23 then confirmed Medullary variant on 15th May and op on the 5th June 23. Every person and their surgery is different so it's not always helpful to compare but I did have lymph nodes out, so added bilateral neck dissection and chest dissection. 7 days hospital for me with 2 drains. Hope that gives you an idea. Any other questions do ask x