Managing symptoms while waiting for urgent referral appointment…..

• 1 reply
  • 21 subscribers

Hi,

My GP told me just before Easter that on reviewing private thyroid ultrasound scans that I needed an urgent FNA for multiple hypoechoic taller than wide nodules that have constantly changing appearance as well as new nodules appearing over weeks. The hospital did call but offered a clinical outpatient appointment rather than FNA and I have a growing concern about this as they have a track record of serious errors and a poor reputation for many years now. In the meantime I am continuing to experience feeling throttled around the base of my neck where one of 5 nodules is and my neck is growing increasingly hard all the way up to behind my ears and even a bit painful (definitely constantly aching). Is there a good way to manage pain and other symptoms while waiting for the hospital?

• Hi  

You haven't said when your appointment at the hospital is but, in the meantime, your GP is responsible for pain management and symptom control.

I hope you don't have too much longer to wait before your hospital appointment.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"