Stomach issues after RAI

• 3 replies
  • 25 subscribers

Hi everyone!

I had my RAI last week with the capsule taken on Wednesday. I’ve felt a bit off in my stomach since Wednesday evening but Friday night I had cramps all through the night and diarrhoea, felt marginally better yesterday but woke this morning to even worse cramps - I’ve been doubled up in pain.

Has anyone else experienced similar? I really don’t think it’s food related because I’ve been eating so plain. 

I know lots of people have no/very mild side effects, but I think I’m quite sensitive to physical changes. 

Thanks for reading! 

• Hi

I had stomach ache for at least 3 days after taking the RAI tablet of quite a high dosage.

Diane

• Yes  I've had stomach issues like yours since I had my RI treatment last October. Mostly diarrhoea, bloatng and tenderness with some episodes of urgency at night. My Oncologist has referred me to Gastroenterology for investigations as the symptoms are still constant nearly four months later but there's a delay in getting thst appointment.

I find that drinking more water, eating plain food and cuddling a hot water bottle helps a bit. 

I hope things start to improve for you soon.

• Did you ever get any answers? I'm dealing with something similar now. It's been about 4 months of stomach problems after RAI