Swelling after RAI

• 2 replies
  • 20 subscribers

Hi.
I am 4 weeks past RAI now. Feeling really fed up as swelling in and around my neck is not going down. I was fine after few weeks post surgery,all healed nicely and scar loosened up and now after RAI all that came back with vengeance. Will it ever go down (the swelling and tight feeling round the neck)?
I do not have cancer/Macmillan nurse so cannot ask them.
Thanks all.

• Hi IsabellFel

I'm sorry to read about the swelling you're suffering with and I can imagine it must be really unpleasant.

You say that you don't have a cancer nurse that you can ask but could you speak to your consultant? If not you could also post your question in the ask a nurse section of the online community or give the nurses on the Macmillan Support Line a call on 0808 808 0000. The support line is available every day of the week from 8am to 8pm.

I hope you get an answer soon.

Edit - I've just spotted that you've already posted your question in ask an expert.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• What a nuisance. That sounds really nasty.

When are you next due to see your surgeon? Please ask them if this could be an issue with lymphatic drainage and whether you can get some help with lymphatic drainage massage. 
    Or if the appointment is a long way off, try the Mac helpline - the nurses don't know a lot about thyroid cancer but will most likely know a LOT about lymphatic drainage. 

Best wishes

Barbara

“Scars are tattoos with better stories.” – Anonymous