RAI treatment

• 23 replies
  • 23 subscribers

Morning everyone! Well the day has arrived and I’m about to go into the building to start my RAI treatment. So glad it is here and I’m going to get over this next step. Thyrogen injections were fine and I had no side effects so that was good. I’ve been told I can eat and drink normally after I’ve taken the radioactive tablet! Great! I’m so looking forward to a decent cuppa!! My dose is 3.7 ?  standard I believe?  Wish me luck xx

• Hi everyone.  Apologies for the late reply. For injections I laid down for the first one then second one was with my nurse who I know so well and told her I will do standing up   Told her to save the bedsheets lol. 

Anyway radioiodine went well showered regular like Dexx and I drank around 20 litres of water. Partly because my blood pressure was low but that helped with me going home on Monday with no restrictions for adults a one metre distance from children and cuddles with my 11 week old granddaughter on Wednesday. 

• Morning Rosegirl! That is great news and you’ll be so glad it’s over! Another step forwards. Enjoy the weekend and giving your granddaughter lots of cuddles!

• Congratulations on it being over! I stood for both the injections - they were so much better than feared.  Which is just as well as I think they are required in advance of thyroglobulin blood test in the future.  Maybe finally I’m getting over my fear of needles.

but let’s all enjoy having got through the RAI and having the summer ahead!