RAI treatment

• 23 replies
  • 21 subscribers

Morning everyone! Well the day has arrived and I’m about to go into the building to start my RAI treatment. So glad it is here and I’m going to get over this next step. Thyrogen injections were fine and I had no side effects so that was good. I’ve been told I can eat and drink normally after I’ve taken the radioactive tablet! Great! I’m so looking forward to a decent cuppa!! My dose is 3.7 ?  standard I believe?  Wish me luck xx

• Good luck!  I’m having the thyrogen injections this weekend and then the RAI on Monday.   I’m pretty nervous and having had surgery 3 months ago I don’t feel like being a patient again.  Do update us as you go !  

• Good luck Dexx. Just on my way back from my first thyrogen injection.  My dose will be 7.5 on. Friday   Keep in touch   Ps all the best Gold Finch. You will be fine. I literally bring my home from home lol. This time I have my slimline smoothie maker with me so if I don’t want the breakfast I can make my own with fruits etc that I will put in my mini fridge lol

• Sounds positive.  I hate needles, did it hurt?  Pathetic I know! 

• Not at all I think even I panic over needles and sometimes work myself into such a tizz lol. In the end it is over so quickly I just think to myself what was I worrying about 

• That’s reassuring.  Did you lie down for it? 

• Sorry if this posts twice. Not a great signal. All settled and feel absolutely fine after my worrying! Now radioactive as of 11am. First pee was quite orange but second one normal! Had my cuppa with milk! Drinking steadily and sucking lemon sherbets. Doing all I can to leave on Friday with low levels! Everyone is so lovely. I had a bit of a wobble having my bloods done as I always have to lie down while they do it! Just felt overwhelmed at the beginning which seems par for the course with me! Now watching tv and feeling pretty chilled. Xx

• Good luck to you. We have just today started our daughter on the low iodine diet and I literally have no idea what I will feed her she is fussy at the best of times and sounds like yourself love a nice cuppa. Hope all goes well keep us all updated it’s nice to hear what you expect x 

• I'm due to get my RAI treatment on the 13th of June and I'm pretty nervous about it all. Its great to see positive comments about it all.

Does anybody know how long you need to isolate when you get home? 

• Hi 

I am having mine on Monday with thyrogen tomorrow and Sunday. I’m nervous too - I hate needles which doesn’t help! 
    I think they assess you before you leave hospital any tell you how long.  It seems that we need to drink a glass of water at least hourly while awake and avoid constipation to ensure the shortest time. 
    I shall be so pleased when it’s over!!!!

Take care x 

• Hi! I am literally just back home now with minimum restrictions! So happy. Just need to keep my distance from others for the rest of today! No contact with under 5’s and pregnant ladies until Monday. So relieved to be home. Wishing you all a non anxious experience. I was absolutely fine with no side effects and staff were fabulous! Always hate having my bloods done so wobbled at the beginning as I felt very emotional. Full body scan was also fine.  Hugs xx