Leeds VTCC (Virtual Thyroid Cancer Clinic)

• 3 replies
  • 20 subscribers

Hi All,

A long while since I've posted but I just wanted to ask whether anybody had any experience of the Leeds VTCC.

In August 2020 I got a letter telling me that this had been set up, presumably as part of new ways of working during the pandemic.  However I have never heard anything further so I just wondered if anybody else had.

Many thanks

Neil

• Hi Neil

I wondered how you were getting on finding out if the Leeds VTCC had got off the ground? I've used the search function to look for previous posts in this group which mention it but drawn a blank I'm afraid.

Do you still have the letter telling you that the clinic had been set up? If so you could give them a ring and find out if it's operational yet.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Yes I meant to post an update.

I did give them a call. It seems that the 2 members of staff who were setting it up both left the NHS so it is somewhat in limbo at the moment but the intention is still there to do it.

I did say that I understood that the NHS has rather a lot on its plate at the moment!

The lady was very nice and did stress that they really want anybody who has any health concerns to get in touch.  Luckily not a problem for me but a good reminder in general.

Neil

• I think lots of appointments might become virtual because the NHS has discovered that some things can be successfully done online. 

I haven't seen my consultant for 12 months but have been having my three monthly check-ups via the telephone. However, she always says that if I'm at all worried to get in touch and they'll make an immediate appointment to be seen.

Take care

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"