Life Turned Upside Down

• 12 replies
  • 10 subscribers

Hi All,

Wanted to intro and send my best wishes to you - hope you’re all doing well. This forum has been fantastic for me over the last few days. I went to the doctor over some changes to my right ball back in June (it was undescended at birth and moved down a few years later which I knew made it susceptible to TC so I’ve always been careful checking etc ), and the doc agreed it had swollen although no lumps were found. Ultrasound 5 days ago and everything’s moved at 100mph since…. Told it needs to be removed 2 days ago and date set for the 12th which is great and blood markers are all normal so I’m telling myself that’s good. Got the CT scan on the 7th and that’s freaking me out as will show if there is a wider problem, but I’m most worried about Covid….. I had it 4 weeks ago and was told yesterday that I will probably still test positive in which case I can’t have the op!! Everyone I’ve spoken to has said this is really urgent yet I could end up being delayed for apparently no reason and tbh I’m scared witless. Anyone else encountered this?

Cheers!

• Ah I’m so glad it all went ahead as scheduled - such a relief, I’m sure! 

He’s doing much better than I anticipated to be honest! I thought I’d spend the weekend running cups of tea to the sofa for him, but he’s up and about, a little tender but much happier now it’s all done.

How are you finding recovery?

• Not too bad so far thanks. I’m the same - up and about quite a bit, just tired and sore. Worst part is not letting my little pug jump up on me like he normally does. I’ve explained but he doesn’t get it lol.

Really encouraged so far and my surgeon said there was no evidence of spread so I’m just waiting on the CT scan results now. 

Glad all is going well for you guys - keep in touch and fingers crossed x