Cancelled/delayed operation - testicular cancer

• 1 reply
  • 11 subscribers

My partner had his operation booked in to remove a testicle tomorrow as it is likely he has testicular cancer. We have had a phone call this morning to say the operation has been cancelled the appointment due to us asking questions around the operation. The surgeon feels they need to sit down with us and answer these questions before she operates. 

Why has this not been done before now? I feel so mad that we have had to ask these questions and not had anyone explain anything to us. The discussion is booked in for next week, now we do not know an operation date and we have to wait even longer for the operation and the results. 

has this happened to anyone else? Is there anything we can do to bring this forward? 

• Hello

It sounds like you have asked questions that are serious enough for them to cancel the op and answer them, that is a good thing in hind site. Best to get the answers now rather than after the ball has been removed. 

I know it's frustrating for you but another week will not make a difference in respect to the testicle or the cancer if he has it. The only other thing you can do now is contact your GP if it's bothering you as I am guessing you have not been issued with a cancer nurse or number yet.