Fertility

• 2 replies
  • 12 subscribers

Hi,

My husband had testicular cancer in 2021, he had one testicle removed and then 1 round of Adjuvant chemotherapy. Thankfully he is recovered and all clear on cancer currently.

Before he had the operation, he did a sperm sample. A year after the chemo they tested his sperm and said it was back to normal so we had the sample destroyed. A year after that (at the beginning of 2023) we started trying for a baby.

It’s now a year and a half later and we have had no luck conceiving. My husband recently had a sperm sample checked and it came back with very low motility. 

I was just wondering if anyone else has been through the same? 

Thanks x

• I’m so sorry to hear this. My husband has TC back in 2018. He had one testicle removed and a third of the second. He did 2cycles of BEP (chemo). Talking to him about it now because this was back in 2019, he remembers testing in 2020 and had some sperm, but it was low count and motility. Now, he has nothing. 

We have been doing ivf since 2018/19 and still have not gotten pregnant. We are using testicular tissue that was extracted during a testicle removal surgery. But part of the issue may be me now. We are doing an embryo transfer Saturday 8/3 and are doing something different this time. So fingers crossed it takes. If you want to talk more about it, just ask. I have no problem talking about this stuff. 

I wish you all the best, M

• Hi M,

• Thanks so much for your reply. 
      We have now been given an appointment at the fertility clinic so will see what they say! I am also worried that my age isn’t helping the situation. 
      I really wish you all the best and hope the embryo transfer is a success Fingers crossed tone2Fingers crossed tone2Fingers crossed tone2
      xx