Positive fertility out come AUC-10

• 1 reply
  • 12 subscribers

Hi everyone, 

just wanted to post to give others some hope if they find themselves on a similar position to me and my partner.

My partner had 4 cycles (one round) of auc 10 carboplatin. Basically a higher dose then you would get if testicular cancer was stage 1 Seminoma and therefore more likely to lead to infertility. My partner had stage 2 Seminoma.

I have been so worried about this even though he banked sperm simply because ivf doesn’t always worked and can be a distressing processs in itself- almost reminder of everything else you have gone through.

Anyway, we waited 18 months to try for a baby and I feel pregnant ‘naturally’ the first time. I’m not saying this will be the case for everyone one as we are all different but just wanted to give other people the hope I was looking for that there was still a possibility. 

Thinking of anyone going through something similar. 

• Hi  and congratulations on your pregnancy!

Thanks very much for taking the time to share with the forum, as lots of people do worry about the possibility of being able to have children.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"