Testicular Implant

• 1 reply
  • 14 subscribers

Hi All,

I found out 3 weeks ago that I have suspected testicular cancer and I had an orchiectomy the next week. Since being told I needed the surgery, I have had less than 2 weeks to decide whether I want the prosthesis implant or not. I was very confused and worried as what to say to my mum as I have moved abroad over 10 years ago. 

When I had my first consultation with the urologist, he told me I can have the implant I have few more days to think about it and I will be able to ask more questions from the surgeon. When the date of the op came and I had my chance to speak - the dr couldn't really give me the answers I have been waiting for. After this he asked me to go back to the waiting area, but before that would have happened he told me that my operation might be cancelled as they are overbooked. I was angry at first but actually I am happy that he wasn't the one who did the procedure. The surgery was indeed cancelled and rescheduled for the next day.

The next day I went in to the hospital, I got the bed straight away and nurses were all over me as I was the first to enter to the theatre. I have spoken to the urologist and the surgeon before the surgery, they didn't explain that the implant will be super high and is quite uncomfortable, and I still feel the pain (pinching and weird).

I have seen that many men went through this procedure. I would like to ask some advice: what should I do to move the prosthesis lower? After having it for a week, I already have thoughts about having it removed as I feel it's super high, which is bothering me a lot (standing, sitting, laying still feeling it), also I feel the implant is way to big to compare to the remaining other one. 

I don't know, how to express myself the proper way, but I am sure whoever went through this, I hope they would be able to give me some advice on this. It would be highly appreciated! Slight smile

Thanks,

Daniel 

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet so responding to you will 'bump' it back to the top of the discussion list again.

While you're waiting for replies, it would be great if you could put something about your diagnosis and treatment to date into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"