Depression

• 4 replies
  • 16 subscribers

Our son has fortunately been given the all clear from his testicular cancer. However he’s now suffering from depression which is not helping him with his family relationship. Has anyone else ever had the same experience 

• Hello

Great news about the all clear. Sadly depression is all to common as its the mental side of things that does the most damage when you go through journeys like your son has. 

All you can do is support and try and point him in the right direction for help, GP is a good start so he can refer your son for councilling and medication if required. There is lots of support groups out there you just need to Google and loads of help will come up. It's tough not knowing what someone else is feeling or thinking so all we can do is listen and support. 

I hope he finds the help he deserves. 

• Hello, 

Yes, me myself even after 4 years all clear I still suffer with depression. There are many options and help available, GP or therapies , i would say friends and family too but most of the time i just feel that if i talk to them they dont understand so in my case this is making everyone frustrated around me.

I would definitely take it down to the GP route with your son and go from there. He went trough a trauma. Yes it can look like this is the easiest cancer to treat and we should be happy and bubbly that we survived, but our brain and emotions are not wired easy as that and we all dealing with it differently! 

Hope he finds the right help! 

All the best, 

Huni

• Thank you very much for the advice, seems like your ok re cancer after 4 years, Very pleased for you. Yes we’re all attempting to be supportive. Thanks again