Post Orchidectomy Hip and Back Pain

• 2 replies
  • 17 subscribers

Hi

I have recently been diagnosed with non-seminoma testicular cancer. I had an orchidectomy around 3 weeks ago. The CT scan results show “borderline” spread to my lower lymph nodes, which will remain under surveillance  

I am currently feeling pain in my hip and lower back area (the same side as the tumour was found). Has anyone else felt these symptoms post surgery? And was this because the cancer had spread to your lymph nodes? 

Thank you

Sonny. 

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I can't help with your question but I noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet. Responding to you will 'bump' it back to the top of the discussion list where it'll be easier to see.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Apologies for the delay in responding Sonny. By now you may have already found an answer to this question. For the sake of others, I will say that I had symptoms of lower back pain after my orchidectomy and this was due to spread of the cancer to my lymph nodes. If there is spread to the lymph nodes this can cause the lymph nodes to get larger and the pain that results is cause by the nodes pressing against the nerves causing the pain.

it can become unbearable so seek medical advice.