Cancer diagnosis

• 3 replies
  • 14 subscribers

Having had my left testicle removed last week I have now been given the diagnosis from pathology reports plus CT scan and blood tests that i have / had a seminoma. With slight spread to liver. Prognosis is good so I’m feeling ok at minute . Meet oncologist Friday for my treatment plan . 

For anyone who’s been through this , how long after the op to remove testicle did you feel like engaging in sex (if at all)

what side affects did you experience from the Chemo ? 

many thanks 

James 

• James

Your mind and body will tell you when your ready as everyone is different so take your time and go with the flow. Your remaining testicle now needs to take up the slack of the missing one so your hormone levels need to readjust. Everyone reacts differently to chemo. I had one dose of carboplatin and didn't even know I had it. 

Best advice is see how you feel when you have sorted and had your treatment. Seminoma reacts very well to chemo so all the best. 

• Hi James

Sorry to hear of what you've had to go through recently. Like Woody, I too only had a single dose of Carboplatin and it wasn't at all bad really. Just the normal, tiredness and I have mild tinnitus from time to time (even now, 18 months later). 

With regards to sex life, I can't remember exactly but I think it was about a month wait for me. Curiously, my libido is now higher than ever, despite being a ball down and being 48!!

You're on the road to recovery now, good luck!

• Pretty much same for me too I had one dose of carbo as a few of you know, I did have sickness for a couple of weeks but the meds were great. Tiredness was my main side effect I was so tired for a few months after and exactly the same as goldenball with tinnitus!! Seems to have subdued now! Hope everyone’s doing ok