Finished bep chemo just waiting on results

• 4 replies
  • 13 subscribers

Hello everyone

im new to the group n I don't usually join forums or anything but my anxiety is getting the better off me. I've actually been getting panic attacks over it. I finished chemo start of August n had my scans start of September. I'm going for my results Tuesday next week and im so nervous. Has anyone else had good results from bep or how was it for everyone else? Slight smile

• Hi and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

Waiting for results can be very hard and I find the best way of dealing with this is to immerse myself in things I enjoy doing so I don't have time to wonder 'what if'. Do you have any hobbies or activities that you could do to take your mind of things?

Lots of people find mindfulness really helpful and, if this is something you'd like to know more about, clicking here will take you to the NHS page with lots of information.

When you feel up to it, it would be great if you could pop something about your diagnosis and treatment into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

Wishing you all the best with your results on Tuesday and do come back and let us all know how you got on.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi latch latchbrook 

I received my results today and it turns out that the chemo never worked n the tumors have gotten bigger. I spoke to my oncologist what the next steps are n he's recommending going to St James in dublin to have a stem cell transplant with high dose tip chemotherapy.i just want everything to be over now and be normal 

• I can totally understand the feeling of wanting all your treatment to be finished and for your life to go back to normal. I'm about to have the 7th of 15 doses of chemotherapy this week and will probably have to have radiotherapy afterwards. I'm hoping that all the treatment will be finished by the end of the year.

There is a stem cell transplant group in the community but as it's for blood cancers I'm not sure if it's appropriate to direct you there. I'm going to 'tag' my friend who looks after that group to see if he thinks it would be appropriate for you to join or not.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi latchbrook 

Boy have I got a tale to tell. After I received the bad news of the chemo not working my oncologist asked for more bloods to be taken n he was expecting the tumor markers to be very high. A week later I get a phone call to say tumor markers are normal.

After the phone call the oncologist orders for a biopsy to be done on the lymph nodes behind the stomach. Anyway I go for the biopsy, get more bloods taken n so on n so forth. I got my results Thursday just gone n it came back no active disease present but the test was inconclusive as to what kind of tumor it is. 

I now have to go for a surgical biopsy so they can get more tissue. If it is the teratoma tumor they think it is it'll just be a case of having 3 big operations to remove the tumors of my lungs n behind my stomach and hopefully that'll be the end of it all. 

I'm just waiting on a phonecall from the surgeon to arrange a date for the surgical biopsy. Once I find out the results of that I'll leave yas know