Fertility 5 years after chemo

• 1 reply
  • 13 subscribers

Hi there. I had testicular cancer and i have recently celebrated 5 years cancer free - my wife helped me through treatment brilliantly. I am 33 and my wife is 30, and we are trying for a baby. I did bank sperm before we went through chemo, but it has poor mobility - but they banked it just in case (I had more pressing matters to deal with then!). We have been trying to 2 years and recently i do another sperm sample when they said there was no sperm. So, i rang up the fertility clinic and they still have some of my sperm, but because of poor quality sperm, they need to use it all to go through IVF and hopefully have a baby. We are going through NHS, and we are at the stage when we are waiting for a fertility doctor. How long is the wait for one? We have been waiting a month already. Also, my wife, though she wont admit it, really wants to have a baby (and it kills me that i can’t give it to her) - If my own sperm doesn’t work, I am keen to use donor sperm. I was wondering if you people has any stories on donor sperm or anything else can we can use? 

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which i hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I can't help with your question, but I noticed that you hadn't had any replies to your post yet. Responding to you will 'bump' it back to the top of the discussion list where it'll be more easily spotted.

I can see that you also posted this in the ask a nurse section of the online community and wondered if you'd seen that you'd had a reply. If not, clicking here will take you to the reply.

Wishing you and your wife all the best

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"