Growth of the testicle by methods of regenerative medicine.

• 3 replies
  • 13 subscribers

Do you believe in regenerative medicine and that a testicle could someday be grown in a lab or printed on a bioprinter? And if so, when do you think this will happen - 10, 20 or 50 years?
I understand that my question may be naive, but still I am sure that I am not the only one who thought about this.

• Maybe new organs will be able to be grown from a person's own stem cells at some point in the not too distant. I reckon testicles will be lower down the priority list though, and it will be a very expensive process.

• Maybe new organs will be able to be grown from a person's own stem cells at some point in the not too distant. I reckon testicles will be lower down the priority list though, and it will be a very expensive process.

• Hey buddy, you're the only one answering my messages here) When I was desperate after losing my testicle, I found articels from 2016 where famed scientist Anthony Atala of Wake Forest University talks about growing a testicle and that it will take another decade. I called their university, but they told me that the research was still very far from clinical application. It looks like things aren't going as fast as we'd like.