Pelgraz/ Pegfilgrastim after chemo

• 3 replies
  • 14 subscribers

Just had 1cm pure seminos removed followed by a cycle of carboplatin chemo. This is day 1 and feeling good. Suspect the steroids are keeping me afloat at the moment.

My questions...

Has anyone been given the white blood cell stimulator pelgraz/ pegfilgrastim to help with chemo recovery?

1. How long did you wait to inject it?
  2. Were the sides nasty like everyone says?
  3. Does Loratadine/ Claritin really offset the bone pain sides?
  4. Finally, when do the sides of carboplatin begin? So far.... nothing

AAppreciate any feedback. Thanks all! 

• Hi Jonnie

You'll probably feel most rotten around day 4 to 8. I think the actual nadir for carboplatin is around day 11, but most people have started feeling a bit better by then. I didn't take any supplemental meds other than the anti nausea. 

Best wishes

G

• Thanks for the heads up! Nausea is starting to creep up on me now :D Happy days!

• If I remember correctly I took the injection the day after my one shot of carbo.  It didn’t hurt at all, barely any bone pain. Side effects for me were not too bad at. No real nausea just felt like a hangover for a few weeks. I did get headaches from time to time and tinnitus has returned. The real thing for me was fatigue. I had my chemo at the end of January and until recently still had the odd 3 hour afternoon nap!