Post op pants

• 6 replies
  • 19 subscribers

Got my op scheduled for next Tuesday- was wondering what pants people wore for the month or so afterwards?

• My urologist told me to wear (and provided) a sexy jock strap to wear for at least 2 weeks…! I did wear it….

• Hi, one week after left testicle removal. Did you wear the jock strap 24/7, the one doctor gave me was small, have bought the correct size, just not wearing it all the time, just when walking or sitting up. Discharge note from hospital says just need to wear for 3 days. 

• Yeah I did wear it 24/7 for 2 weeks. I think that may have been overkill but I had no recovery issues so it certainly didn’t do any harm. 

• Thanks for that Goldball1.

How did you tell near n dear one that you are undergoing treatment?

I keep forgetting that the left testicle has been removed, when I reach down there, having a empty space, fills me with intense shame. It not my fault, I know that, but how long will acceptance take, do you ever accept that a major part of your body is gone forever?  I know it not the right thread for this, the first time I have gathered the strength to talk to someone else about. I apologize if overstepping here

• Ask anything mate. Honestly I couldn’t give 2 craps I have one less ball. Losing it has kept me alive at the end of the day - good riddance!  

• Hi PSG

Telling people is hard. I told my sister first as I knew she'd at least listen and take it in properly. Then I told my parents, and I knew they would probably glaze over and not really take in the details, so I asked my sister to call them shortly after I left them to check they understood. That seemed to work.  

I never felt any shame about losing the nut. I did think about the whole cancer experience every day for quite a while, but never that aspect of it. I think you get over that quite quickly.

Best wishes

G