what should i do. Help!

• 2 replies
  • 15 subscribers

Male 18 years old.

Ive been having a dull ache in both testicles but mostly the right one for 5 weeks. I have also had back pain, mostly upper/mid back. Pain has gotten way better and now im wondering if the pain is just somatic... I have been seeing several doctors. Everyone of them have cleared me when doing the physical exam. I have done a urine test, a blood tests and 2 ultrasounds at 2 different urologist. Urine test showed no infection, and blood work was normal, the two urologists who did my ultrasound said everything looks perfect and guaranteed that it wasnt TC. I have severe health anxiety and i cant seem to let this go, even tho i have been told i should. Is it possible that this could still be TC? What should i do?

• Clearly I am no more qualified than you to answer the question but  I would say listen to the professionals and relax. You’ve been diligent / ultra cautious by seeking second opinions and they’ve both come up with the same conclusion, it’s not TC. 

The urologists themselves don’t know for certain if a tumour is cancer or not until it is removed and tested. For this reason alone if anything suspicious is found in the ultrasound (and from a physical examination) the offending testicle is always removed. Two urologists have looked at your results and decided it’s not TC. Presumably there is no solid mass visible. Relax, move on and enjoy having two  healthy testicles…!!!

All the best

• I agree with Goldenball1. You've had a lot of people review your situation, and you can be confident you're good.  The ultrasound is always the first step, and if the technicians that actually did them, and the urologists that reviewed them, didn't see anything then it is something else less sinister that is causing your symptoms.

Best wishes

G