Why carry on?

• 3 replies
  • 15 subscribers

Hi all, I’m new here, this week I was told the cancer is back on my remaining testicle. They have to remove it soon. I’m married man, don’t have children, we tried and it just didn’t happen. 

So once they remove the remaining testicle, what is the point of living? 

I'm not here for pity, I really want to know what others think, I told the doctor I don’t want to do the surgery, I understand the cancer will spread, my wife is up set, but I told her it’s the best way to keep a little bit of my dignity and enjoy the remaining time as normal couple, because once they take this last testicle, nothing normal about me after that, I don’t know how our sex life will be affected, and from the little I found online, none of it is good so I don’t know how she will see me after, I think about it and I feel ashamed of my self, so how would she feel in few years from now? 

as I said, this is not for pity more to just let out how I really feel about this shit, and it really is about me as a MAN asking what hell is point of life now when I am pointless and have no purpose anymore? 

• That's really upsetting and horrible news for you, and there's no denying that. But life doesn't revolve around your nuts, and losing them doesn't diminish you at all as a man.  It sounds like managing testosterone levels artificially is an annoying inconvenience, and there's no denying that either, but lots of people do it successfully.

It's not been long since you received this devastating news, and it sounds very fresh and raw.  Talking to people and learning more will start to make you feel more positive eventually I'm sure. 

Best wishes

G

• Hi there, i'm very sorry to hear how you feel regarding your current situation , its understandable completely and reminded me of myself !

im 62 years old and been together with my wife for 42 years , i have two kids and three  grandchildren .

Six years ago i had two strokes, same year acute pancreatitis, then a month later shingles , two years ago fell off some ladders and still getting over it ,this year mixed germ cell tumour and a right sided orchiectomy to follow .

I empathise how your feeling completely. I think my wife and i are closer now than ever before, but in a new way than before if you get my meaning  .I don't have any urge or feeling for being intimate with my wife  , this was never the case before i had health issues.

Life goes on and we are  only here for a short space of time anyway so i make sure that i'm around to be a husband , dad and grandad , wether i like it or not, life is not just about me but effects everyone close to me .  

I know your feeling lost and down but if you hang in there you will discover your always needed in many other ways .

Good luck friend

Mark 

Mark 

• Hi, sorry to hear you find yourself in the situation you do.

I have one remaining testicle, however do not produce enough testosterone to get the most out of life. I commenced private TRT in August 2020 through a private clinic, its not bad at all I do daily injections to mimic natural physiology and have benefited so much from this treatment. Its only 5mins out of your day, the main thing is that you have the right amount of testosterone  in your body.TRT gets a lot of bad press mainly due to the highs and lows that people go through as a result of 10 weeks between injections etc.Some private clinic do shared care i.e. NHS provide the medication and the private clinic will work alongside you to tweak the does and frequency to (as they call it) Optimize you.

Where there is a will there is a way.