Help me please

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 7 replies
  • 12 subscribers

Hello,

I didn't know where else to turn to.  Last week I've had a dull ache in my right testicle, sore to touch and bend caused pain, seemed that the vein was swollen.  Took some medication to reduce swelling.  Today dull ache isn't there but in the shower this morning I done my regular check and have come across a lump the size of a pea.  It's located at the top right of my right testicle.  I'm not sure if it's a lump on the testicle or of the surrounding veins.  When I read up about some of the vein swelling it says usually an STI which it can't be as both my wife and I have been faithfully married for 11 years now.  I'll contact my GP tomorrow for a checkup but it's kinda freaking me out.  Can anyone help.  Am I feeling the testicle right? Has anyone had a lump here? What else could cause this lump?  I currently don't have any pain.  I'm 35 and haven't had any medical issues in the past.  

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi buddy, no advice to give but at least you got the guts to go to docs, I really hope all is well.

Goodluck

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hey bud, finding a lump is a literal kick in the nuts! you could find a lump on the testicle anywhere there's no set place to find a lump. The main thing is that you do check and you get to a gp soon as you can, also you should keep calm which is easier said than done, most lumps aren't cancerous and could well still be an infection of some sort or even a cyst. The gp will get you in and have a check and probably send you for a scan to be sure what's going on down there. Hope that helps somewhat!? Always here for a chat if needed 

Jay

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Cheers Jay appreciate your input.  Just read your profile, I hope things are going well for yourself. Keep fighting and in touch.  C

• FormerMember

Through the chemo now so just a waiting game for the next lot of tests thank you! Hope youre well and managed to get to the gp!?

• Hi Gordy1984, Did you get checked?

It's quite common for us men to mistake the head of the epididymis as an alarming lump, the epididymis wraps around the rear of the testicle and has a head and tail, it basically stores sperm. 

Hope you got on ok. 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi all,

So have been to my GP and they have also felt the lump but also an incidental finding of another lump.  Referred me for an ultra sound scan which is tomorrow (Tuesday 4th Aug).  I'm not sure what will happen.  Can you help me?  Will I be talked to tomorrow athe scan or is it one of a waiting game with details sent back to GP?  What can I expect tomorrow.

Thanks everyone for support.

C

• FormerMember

hey mate, alwsya still a chance of cysts but still can't be sure until a scan. You basically go in and have a baby scan on your testicles, which i will say was an odd one but a story for later on haha. I had a feeling already mine was cancerous just due to the size of it, the checks they do found 4! So I didn't do bad in terms of numbers lol. The radiographer got back to my gp very quickly and he called me with the results within a couple of hours. For me this was right in the middle of this crazy pandemic so the hospitals in certain departments were quieter and only seeing what they saw as time critical patients and hopefully that's how they have you down.  So hope this helps and you hear back very quickly.

Good luck.

Jay