Testicular prosthetics

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 11 subscribers

hello all, i had one testicle removed when I was 17 and then the other one at 22. The second one was due to cancer and I didn't get to process it much- I was diagnosed two days before the surgery was scheduled and im finally coming out of the anesthesia today and feel very upset about the whole ordeal and stupidly believe my doctors were lying to me etc. On top of it I got two prosthetics put in and one of them is riding my penis through my scrotum. Has anyone had their prosthetic end up like this and it ended up falling down at a later date or so?  My main concern right now is just getting all the info I need because I'm still feeling the anesthesia and im not remembering much from the last couple of days- primarily concerned abiut the prosthetic not being low enough considering I live in america and don't have a job thriugh this coronavirus nor do I have any money to spare to buy the procedure again. Can anyone help me get through this?

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi there.

It's true that when prosthetics sit high immediately post op they usually drop down after a while. Your surgeon should be able to advise you and may tell you to massage it to move it down. They don't always move down though.

The best advice is to take this up with your surgeon when you see him for your follow up appointment. He should be able to advise you.