testicular prosthesis please help

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 9 replies
  • 12 subscribers

Hello everyone

my story is when I was baby like less than one year old i was crawling toward the staircase and there was some kids fall over me

then they take me to the doctor and they discovered that the left testicle is smashed 

the doctor fixed the right one and cut out the left one 

now I’m 29 years old i hate myself each time I look to my scrotum .. I have never felt like normal guys ever also the stitches was very bad causes other problems that I can’t describe    

i went to two urologists in my country they was like the best urologists there ..put the problem is that they are not so expert with the testicular prosthesis 

cause its rare here.., and they offer me a firm type one

I decided not to do the surgery in my country 

so I either do it in London or NYC since there is a lot of doctors do it their but my problem is that I’m looking for doctors , clinics , hospitals there that can help me do the surgery 

I’m really tired of searching in google all the time looking for doctors. I want the saline-filled one.. please guys if you can give names of doctors or clinics in London or NYC to contact them 

please help guy

thank

MHD

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

hello !! Disappointed

• Hi Moh, 

Sorry to hear you are struggling with this. I believe there has to be some solutions for you as many Testicular Cancer Survivors got implants. I am not one of them unfortunately so I can not really help you with it, I decided against it when my cancerous testicle was removed as I feel totally fine with myself with only one! This doesn`t mean you can`t feel the opposite. 

I just replied to this post so it will stay up and hopefully someone with experience in this subject can help you.

Wishing you all the best!

Huni

• Hi,

I had a testicular implant when I had my testicle removed but I found it far too big, it rubbed on my inner leg and felt like a constant weight. It was also stitched to the scrotum which meant it would pull and the skin when I moved or laid in bed. Another thing I disliked was because I tend to sleep on my front, it would dig into my groin which was very uncomfortable. The positive was that it looked very real, better than my old testicle actually! It was plump and big looking so I was initially quite happy until I realised all the negatives. In my case now I’ve had the prosthetic removed you can’t notice I only have the one ball. I don’t know if this is the case for you but if that’s the main issues then I would have a long think about whether it’s worth the hassle. If your remaining testicle is healthy and not causing you pain I would be very grateful of that and not risk causing any unnecessary problems. Hope this helps. Oh by the way I had a coloplast one put in which is believe was silicone and has a life of around 20 years before they need to be replaced again, well that’s what I was told anyway. Apparently they aren’t supposed to last a lifetime although some men do tend to just keep the original ones in. Any urologist will probably be able advise you on how to proceed.

thanks

Paul

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Paul277

Thank you very much paul for replaying

I really hate my self each time I look to my scrotum with one ball

its weird .. Ive never felt normal in my entire life

this makes me feel sad ..and I cant counting my life with that

ive never had a girl before because of it 

even If someone told me he has only one and he slept with a lot of girls

i cant .. I just want to look normal .. I dont no maybe because I lost it

when I was a baby 

its really hurt not having the normal shape 

I can live with all the negative things you said but I cant live with only one

May I ask you paul about it wither it is the saline-fill one or the firmed ?

and how is your doctor or you clinic

how much did it cost ?

thanks

Moh 

• Hi Moh,

I had mine fitted when they removed my testicle in 2014. It was a coloplast saline filled one. I never had cancer to begin with so lost my testicle from misdiagnosis. To make matters worse I suffer from hyperactive retraction and pain in my surviving one. I’m currently waiting for surgery to cut my cremaster muscle to stop it riding up all the time.

I personally don’t mind the look of having one. It’s hardly noticeable most of the time. It’s who you are and you’re a strong person. If you really want to get one it will cost around £3,000. Mine was done free on the NHS as they give you the option when they remove the testicle. You will find most urologists will be happy to fit one for you and it’s a very simple operation. I was actually awake when they removed my prosthetic and it only took 20 minutes.

It sounds to me you’re suffering really bad mentally and if I were you I would get some counselling first before getting a prosthetic . You might find if you can get over the trauma mentally you might not need one. If your surviving testicle is healthy and not giving you pain then thats the most important thing. Trust me most girls will never notice.

• FormerMember

Im really sorry for what happened to you paul Disappointed

and I think you did the right thing

i’ll still thing about it noticed a lot of guys say that they are find with one.,

still confused 

I really thank you paul

hope you be fine after doing your surgery

please let us know Pray tone1

best regards

moh

• No problem Moh.

Try not to rush into anything. Like I said everyone who’s seen me naked couldn’t even notice I only have one testicle. It doesn’t bother me anymore and I think with a bit more time and reassurance you’ll feel the same too.

Take care mate,

Paul

• FormerMember

Hey man, if it'll make you feel better, go for it. I already decided that 2-3 years from now, I'll be getting an implant. First, I want to make sure that there's no spread and no chemo needed (I really hope for that...) and for now I'm just working and saving money anyway. The look doesn't bother me much, but there is a difference. I'm planning to go on adventures, traveling and studying abroad, usually that involves girls (even though they usually don't notice, some like to touch you there and I'd rather avoid awkwardness and focus fully on the moment) and I just want to feel 'complete' in general. It's 95% mental really. I even consider getting a tattoo on my scar once it completely heals. I'm not trying to to deny what happened to me, but I feel these things will help me to move on quicker to the point that eventually I won't be giving it a second thought. 

Do what makes you happy, but as the other poster said, don't rush and do your research.