5 months post surgery, I have sensations in my remaining testicle, it got bigger and firmer

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 3 replies
  • 11 subscribers

Hi. I've been diagnosed with stage 1A non-seminoma, currently in surveillance, first check 2 weeks ago was clean. Over past few days I've been noticing that my remaining ball is getting bigger, I'd say at this point it grew around 25-30%. I figured it's the time it starts to compensate for the lost one. From my research seems like plenty of guys had the same thing after around 5 months mark. Although I'm really paranoid and check it way too many times during the day... Sometimes I get sensations I haven't had before, it's not pain or ache... More like activity? I don't know how to describe it best, but I just feel something is going on there. It also got more firm, feels 'stronger' in touch. My mood also improved over the past few weeks, I just explain to myself that's my righty it's picking up the slack. But still, as we all know, the bad feelings are there.

Have any of you had the same thing?

• Hi there! Do not think too much, we all went through this. You are absolutely fine. It is normal for the remaining testicle to get bigger and firmer, it is doing it's job which is good. As longest as it is not getting too big or too hard, that's absolutely fine. You are getting some sensations because I think you are playing too much with it now, just leave it alone and do not check it every now and again. Do it once a week if you want to do the checking often, when taking a shower. And when you are not too worried, every 2-3 weeks or once a month.

All the best!

Plamen

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to patso84

Thanks man, that's reassuring.

• Also forgot to say that you should mention your concerns on your next check up appointment with oncologyst. Just to get the peace of mind. They do check your tumor markers, too.

Plamen