PT1 Classic Seminoma Critical illness claim query

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 8 replies
  • 12 subscribers

Good afternoon

i was diagnosed with the above in December, I had blood test which showed normal markers and my CT scan was clear.

I submitted a critical illness claim to Aviva the wording in my policy condition is as follows:

Cancer – excluding less advanced cases
Any malignant tumour positively diagnosed with histological confirmation and characterised by the uncontrolled growth of malignant cells and invasion of tissue.
The term malignant tumour includes:
– leukaemia
– sarcoma
– lymphoma (except cutaneous lymphoma – lymphoma confined to the skin).

The following are not covered:
– All cancers which are histologically classified as any of the following:
– pre-malignant;
– non-invasive;
– cancer in situ;
– having either borderline malignancy; or
– having low malignant potential.
– Malignant melanoma skin cancer that is confined to the epidermis (outer layer of skin).
– Any non-melanoma skin cancer (including cutaneous lymphoma) that has not spread to lymph nodes or metastasised to distant organs.
– All tumours of the prostate unless histologically classified as having a Gleason score of 7 or above, or having progressed to at least TNM classification T2bN0M0.

Not sure if the claim will be successful as  I am unsure of the wording or if my diagnosis is covered.

Can anyone help ? 

Thanks

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Lgilly

You should get paid!!!

I was diagnosed with same thing in July, classic seminoma Pt1, Ct scan clear as well. Got paid in November. Spoke to oncologist after I've sent claim form, he said I will get paid, Pt1 seminoma fits into criteria.

I wish you best of luck with the claim and wish you lots of health my friend !!!!!

• The claim is legitimate.  It will be paid.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Thank you for getting back to me.

Hope all is well with your health 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Odbball

Thanks for getting back to me 

• FormerMember

Hi Lgilly

i was wondering if your claim was successful? My husband has exact same diagnosis and we are also with Aviva. I created a post yesterday as so far the claim process has not been very straightforward.

many thanks 

• Morning hope you don’t mind me asking but my husband is with Avia insurance through work but we don’t no what to do with it sounds silly I no we did not realise he had this cover any advice thanks in advance 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to deebo

Hi,

I had seminoma with some spread to lymph nodes. Initially it didn't occur to me to claim on my critical illness cover but a few years later I realised I should have and my claim was still successful. It dragged on quite a while and they had to write to my GP and consultants etc.  I had to keep chasing it as they didn't keep me up to date but in the end it was paid.

If you have critical illness cover you should just need to dig out your paperwork and phone the insurers claim line and they will advise what they need.

Hope this helps.

• FormerMember

Hi there 

yes, we got a full pay out about 2 weeks after claim.

good luck