Pre diagnosis

• 1 reply
  • 8 subscribers

Hi, 

I was diagnosed with testicular cancer of my right side in 2007. Over the years I have had a couple of scares but resolved pretty quickly. However I have had pain for a few months with no visible tumour that I can see / feel. 

I went to an appointment to get my results for my recent ultra sound. The urologist said I needed a CT scan which is Monday, they also mentioned a MRI scan and had blood tests on Wednesday. There was also my oncology nurse in the room and gave me her number and her number of her colleagues. What I am thinking due to these things all happening, that I have cancer. Why would they put all this in place before diagnosis? If people can share what they think? I would greatly appreciate it. Was your diagnosis’s similar to mine. 

the difference between now and 17 years ago, is my children and I’m going out of my mind! 

• Hi  

Good luck with the CT scan today. 

Fingers crossed that whatever this is gets resolved quite quickly. 

How old are your children? Our son was really quite young when my wife was diagnosed with Leiomyosarcoma but we have always tried to be open with him. Lucky for us my wife's cancer has now been stable for over 10 years.

<<hugs>>

Steve

Community Champion Badge