Testicular Cancer - No Treatment Needed After Surgery

• 9 replies
  • 9 subscribers

Good morning all,

Just wanted to share my experience and offer any support/advice to others if needed.

I’m a 28 year old man, who is active and enjoys weight training and running. I’ve always considered myself a ‘healthy’ person and looked after myself.

After recently putting down our deposit on our wedding venue for 03/04/2024. I found a lump on my left testicle 13/09/2023 to then having my surgery 13/10/2023 felt like a whirlwind. 

The most valuable advice I can offer is to act quick and get checked as soon as possible. The turnaround from the hospital could not have been any better. After being told I would hear my results in 2 weeks, the frustration grew as I hadn’t heard anything in 6 weeks. But finally 04/12/2023 after numerous advice from professionals that I would potentially require at least 1 dose of chemotherapy. I got the news that NO FURTHER TREATMENT is required. The lump measured at 2.9cm and had not spread into the lymph nodes. 

I felt extremely low in this waiting time period and felt like I was isolating myself and getting extremely snappy with others. I spoke with others and this helped massively.

I wanted to post in this forum to be someone that others could feel comfortable speaking to, it’s a situation I thought I’d never be in but the good news gave me a spring in my step and we now have a wedding in 4 months to get prepared for!!

The dark times don’t last forever, It will brighten up!

Thank you all,

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll both find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

That's great to read that after having surgery you've been told that no further treatment is needed and that you want to share your experiences so that other men will benefit.

It would be great if you could put something about your diagnosis and treatment into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

I hope everything goes well with the wedding planning and the wedding itself.

All the best

Anne

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi. I hope you’re doing well and on the mend. Can you describe what your felt in terms of the lump? Its location and size? Many thanks in advance 

• Good evening @cham00 Yes of course, I’m doing well thank you, back at work after a couple month of complications after surgery! The lump felt like a hard pea sized lump at bottom of my left testicle. And when I rubbed my fingers over it it didn’t move, I initially thought it could be a cyst, but I went to the GP after having an ache around my left groin area. I would always recommend visiting GP just for the piece of mind.

if there’s anything else I can help with please feel free to message Blush

best wishes!

B

• Good evening @cham00 Yes of course, I’m doing well thank you, back at work after a couple month of complications after surgery! The lump felt like a hard pea sized lump at bottom of my left testicle. And when I rubbed my fingers over it it didn’t move, I initially thought it could be a cyst, but I went to the GP after having an ache around my left groin area. I would always recommend visiting GP just for the piece of mind.

if there’s anything else I can help with please feel free to message

best wishes!

B

• Well that’s good to hear. Glad you’re back at work Thumbsup tone1. I’m awaiting my scan but I’ve been told it won’t be any time soon as the Dr isn’t concerned after feeling mine. It’s a tiny sesame seed that feels like it moves slightly at certain angles or vanishes in to the veins and epididymis. It’s tiny but only appeared after I felt like I’d twisted something. It doesn’t really hurt to touch unless I squash it a little. Thanks for the reply, I’ll just have to keep an eye on things and wait for it scan, even though they aren’t in any rush to scan it. 

• Hi - apologise for the username I used this account for my late father when he was diagnosed previously.

Can I ask what complications you had following surgery? My husband has just had surgery and is awaiting test results. It would be helpful to know what to look out for? 

thank you.

• Good evening, not a problem, how is your husband doing at the moment? I know I felt rough for a few weeks!  I unfortunately had a hematoma at the wound site, which required draining and that resulted in a lot of wound care issues and having to regular change the dressing as it would just not stop bleeding! 

But doing okay at the moment as back running a couple months later, if have any other questions please don’t hesitate to ask!!

• Thank you for your reply. My husband is recovering well - has discovered a lump post op which I believe can be quite normal. He’s back at work after 2 weeks and doesn’t seem too bothered by removal. 
    we are still waiting for results which seems a long wait. Praying for some positive news. 

• I’m glad he is recovering well! And back to work already Grinning please let him know that if he wants to reach out I’d be happy to help, and likewise with yourself!