Non-seminoma Testicular Cancer Diagnosis

• 2 replies
  • 9 subscribers

Hi 

I have recently been diagnosed with a non seminoma testicular cancer. Specifically a mix of yolk sac, embyronal, teratoma and choriocarcinoma. 

15% of the tumour was choriocarcinoma. I’m somewhat concerned about aggressiveness of the choriocarcinoma element. Is it common for choriocarcinoma to be part of a mixed non-seminoma tumour? 

Thank you

Sonny

• Hi again  

I'm replying to you to 'bump' your post back to the top of the discussion list. Hopefully someone from this group will be along soon to share their experience of this type of cancer with you.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi Sonny,

Sorry that you're having to post on this forum. Its very difficult to hear the word "aggressive" in the context of describing a tumor.

I was also diagnosed with a mixed germ cell tumor but mine consisted of embryonal and yolk sac (very high percentage embryonal). I was also told it was agressive by my oncologist. Hearing that knocked me back massively, so being worried about it is absolutely normal.

I found comfort in the fact that even if there is "aggressive" elements to a non seminoma/mixed germ cell, it is still a highly treatable and curable cancer and that you're in the expert hands of your oncologist.

I hope this helps somewhat, I wish you all the best in your recovery,

Andy B