Pain after RPLND

• 3 replies
  • 8 subscribers

Hi all, I guess I am new here but I was just wondering if anyone had experience with pain after an RPLND. Currently our hospital system is overloaded and I have been waiting two months the results of a CT which is still not ready so the doctors booked me for an ultrasound and gave me some muscle relaxers for my pain. A brief history about me is that I have been diagnosed with stage 3b testicular cancer last year in May, I had an orchidectomy followed by 28 sessions of chemotherapy and then an RPLND in February of this year. Initially my diagnosis was a mixed germ cell tumor with 95% embryonal and 5% yok sac and choriocarcinoma however there was signs of lymphovascular invasion and scans indicated a mass in my retroperitoneal lymph nodes. Even after chemo the mass did not shrink and when they operated they removed the mass and found teratoma. Now I have had my surgery since February of this year and for the most part I thought recovery to be going well, I had alot of pain initially after the surgery but I started back exercising and building back up strength and getting back into a routine. However the last week or so I found I had pain in my side that doesn't go away, it feels heavy and sometimes sharp if I lift anything. Its not an unbearable pain but my back hurts and I don't enjoy any physical activity anymore, I have to force myself to do stuff even if its something simple like washing wares. I was wondering if anyone has had experience with this, I'd hate to think this was cancer related.

• Hi

I'm sorry to read that you're experiencing pain and it's natural to worry that it might be connected to your previous cancer diagnosis.

I can't help with what might be causing this pain, but I noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet. Responding to you will 'bump' it back to the top of the discussion list and hopefully someone from the group will be along soon to chat to you.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi brook, its very sweet of you to reply to me. After 12 hours in the emergency room yesterday I found out that my spine is damaged. I was just anxious because when I was first diagnosed I had pain in the side, now I have pain in my back and side but I am sooooooo happy its not cancer related. Its really nice to meet you by the way, I hope all is well.

• Finding out you have a damaged spine can't be pleasant but, like you said, at least it's not cancer related.

I'm doing okay and thanks for asking. Nearly halfway through chemo treatment with, touch wood, no nasty side effects so far except I've lost all my hair! Must update my profile picture Thinking

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"